Search This Blog

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Love as a Decision

Gray had an idea: "Let's get your Mom a dog." My sister in law and I rolled our eyes, but my niece pounced on the idea. The next day, we were off after her school to the animal shelter, writing down possibilities. Then, off to a dog store down the street. My niece exclaimed: "We found her dog. It's perfect." I thought, let's get this over fast. I told Mom we had a surprise we wanted her to see- IF she wants. Off to the doggy store down the street. My thought was Mom will squash this so fast. That's all she has to do. After all, it's not reasonable. She'll just explain it's a cute little dog, and then say, "No thanks." The dog came out and it was adorable. But, that wasn't it. When the puppy was put into Mom's arms, it looked up with the cutest little puppy dog eyes you've ever seen, and began licking Mom's chin. It was over. Where do we sign? It was that quick. It was that sure.

It made me think how love is like that. It's not always practical. It may not make sense. But, the decision was made before the decision was made. Does that make sense? The decision was done the moment the dog looked up and licked. The rest was details. I know that was true for me. Somewhere along the way, he looked, my heart turned, and that was it.

Did you make the decision, or was the decision made for you - before you even knew it?
That's more about falling in love than staying in love. After that day, everyday you make the decision to continue to love. From the falling to the staying ... Love is the best decision you can make.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great love story - is sweet BG getting to stay around?!

    ReplyDelete