Search This Blog

Friday, July 16, 2010

Be careful to love

Joshua 23:11, "Therefore, take careful heed to yourselves, that you love the Lord your God."
Joshua said this in his farewell address when he was an older man. Before he said this, he said what we are more familiar with Joshua for saying, "Be very courageous..." (verse 6)
He went on to say, "fear the Lord, serve Him in sincerity and in truth (24:14), and "choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve (24:15), and "incline your heart to the Lord" (24:23).

When you string all of this together, you discover...

I need to be courageous. I need to be careful to love the Lord, to fear Him and serve in sincerity and truth. I have to make a choice, and to do this I need to incline my heart to Him.
I need to be careful. I need to love the Lord and it involves choices and inclinations.

What are you careful of today? What are you inclining your heart toward?

No comments:

Post a Comment