Search This Blog

Sunday, August 1, 2010

From "Me" to "We"

"Transformation into love is a shift from a focus on me to an awareness of the greater we. David Benner in Surrender to Love (page 93) says this and refers to Fritz Kunkel's "psychology of the we."

Shift your thinking today from "ME" to "WE".
It's a small shift, but it will make a big difference.
Just that one small letter, changes everything.
Like an attitude adjustment, a perspective adjustment, is just what we need.

Benner concludes: "When love draws me from isolation into community, your life touches mine - your pain touches me, your afflictions touch me, your anxieties touch me. In short, you become a part of me. My solidarity with you and with all human beings expands the boundaries of what I experience as my self." (page 94)

No comments:

Post a Comment