Search This Blog

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Love = Give Yourself For Them

As I was reading Ephesians 5:25, it hit me:  Love equals giving myself for the other.

Here is what it says:

"Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself for her."

Love is not ~ "what's in it for me."  Love is ~ what's in it for you.

What do you give yourself over for?  We show what we love by giving ourselves to it, for it.

I would think a lot of people would answer that question with their work.  But do you love your work?
Probably not.  You probably do it for your family, to provide for your family, who you do love.
If you are not giving of yourself to another or to a cause, you are probably not loving well, if at all.

Give yourself:  Love another.

No comments:

Post a Comment