Search This Blog

Saturday, September 17, 2022

In His Image/Likeness --- we love

 Genesis (1:26) teaches us that God made man "in his image - in his likeness."  Actually, "our" image, "our likeness."  We presume the "our" to be the Trinity:  Father, Son, Holy Spirit.  It is the only thing in the creation narrative that is in God's, The Trinity's image.  Well, what is in "his image"?


I John 4:8 and 16 say - GOD IS LOVE

JESUS says in John 13:34 - "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, just as I have loved you."  Then a little later says in John 15:12, "This is my commandment that you love one another as I have loved you."

Romans 5:5 says, "God love has been poured into our hearts through the HOLY SPIRIT who has been given to us."

So, it is all there.  Do we see it?  Do we tie it together?  If we are in His image, in the image/likeness of the Trinity - we love.  As they say, "Enough said!"

No comments:

Post a Comment