Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

'AS' is a big word

"This is my commandment, that you love one another AS I have loved you." John 15:12

My biggest concern is that small word 'AS'. That means I can't love as I want to love. I shouldn't love as they deserve. It says I must love others AS Christ has loved me. Now, that's a whole different thing. My love is measured to His love for me. I can't even comprehend His love for me. How He came down from heaven and loved and healed and taught others. He willingly went to be crucified for the love of His people. He gave us the gift of the Holy Spirit when He wouldn't be here any more. He has gone to prepare a place for the people He loves to come and be with Him. How great a love is this? And this is how I am COMMANDED to love - AS He loved us.

No comments:

Post a Comment