Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Love Does Not Envy

Envy is all about the green eye...what others have that you do not. It's about what they've got and I want. It's the thought that you have it and I'm going to take it from you, or at least I don't want you to have it. Bottom line, it's selfishness, self centeredness. This is not what love is about. Love is about giving. Love is about ~ I have it and I want to share it with you, or give it completely to you, because you are more important than me. Envy says I'm the most important one here, 'it's all about me.' It's the culture we live in. It's the marketing campaign of all ads, 'you deserve it.' It's anathema to love. If you have envy in your heart, it crowded love out. The good news is if you have love in your heart, there is no room for envy.


(I Corinthians 13:4)

No comments:

Post a Comment