Search This Blog

Saturday, October 3, 2009

Side Effects of Love

I am looking for side effects of loving today. In searching the Scripture, I find:

1. Others will know I am His disciple (John 13:35)
2. I will be obedient (John 14:23)
3. God will love me (John 14:23)
4. God will abide with me (John 14:23)
5. I will not be cursed (I Corinthians 16:22)
6. I will be doing right (James 2:8)
7. I will be made complete (I John 4:12)

I wonder what the side effects will be on others if I love. Perhaps, they will love. Perhaps, they will feel better. Maybe, their load will be lighter. They might be encouraged. I don't know if it will help them or not. I don't even know if it will help me or not. It might even make my life harder. But, I know one thing. I will have God with me in it (#3 and #4), and what could be better?

No comments:

Post a Comment