Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

What do you notice?

"It will hardly even notice when others do it wrong." This is how The Living Bible reads for I Corinthians 13:5. This to me may be the whole key to love. I have to remind myself of this constantly. Everytime I am slighted, I remind myself - I am suppose to hardly even notice when others do me wrong. So, I have to dismiss it. I have to overlook it. I have to ask why I am so sensitive. I have to consider what's going on with them. That may be a better place for me to be - thinking of what is going on in their lives. I find they have difficulties they are dealing with, I find they are struggling with things I never realized. When you take the time to look at them and their lives, it brings compassion and understanding. This helps to feed our love for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment