Search This Blog

Monday, November 9, 2009

Love Does Not Hold Grudges

The Living Bible speaks so powerfully in their reading of I Corinthians 13. Their verse 5 says love does not hold grudges. How easy that is to do? We feel so justified to do it also. After all, they were wrong, they wronged us. We were done wrong. Well, there's self righteousness, isn't it? That's all about us, and what we're learning is love all about others and not about us. It's not me I'm concerned for, but them. So, if they did do wrong. I'm concerned for them, not mad at them. If I've been done wrong, I trust God with it. Hebrews 10:30 says, "It is mine to avenge; I will repay...The Lord will judge His people." That's a good thing to remember when we want to avenge, from a grudge we've been holding. God will make it all straight. Loving is trusting Him with the outcome.

Romans 8:28 - And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who LOVE Him, who have been called according to His purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment