Search This Blog

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Loving the Wrong Things

Hosea tells of one persons fall from love, but not grace.
It is a story of how one wife turns to wrong things for love.
Hosea 3:1 says she turned "to other gods" and that she "loved the sacred raisin cakes."

I know I can easily turn to other things, instead of God.
I especially like tasty goodies too! She probably thought she was even better loving the sacred ones too. I bet they tasted better as well. At least they were more revered and probably esteemed. We are guilty too. We chase what we think are better things, but they are the wrong things.

Evaluate today what you are turning to, and what you are turning away from.

1 comment:

  1. So true. So convicting - we are always trying to fill that "God-shaped" hole in our hearts :) I've been filling up with the delicious oreo's I brought back from the States. MMMMmmmm.

    ReplyDelete