Search This Blog

Sunday, January 23, 2011

The Negatives Reveal Our Problems, Our Lack of Love

When I look at the negative characteristics that are not a part of love from I Corinthians 13, I find an interesting list:

Envy
Boasting
Pride
Rudeness
Self-Seeking
Easily Angered
Keeping a Record of Wrongs
Enjoying Evil

I find a list that would help us all weed out the problems in our relationships.
If you notice envy in your heart. It is wrong. Relationships do not thrive if envy is a part of it.
Boasting reveals pride and self centeredness. It does not build the other one up. It only makes you look bad.
Rudeness is not considering the other person. It only has eyes for me.
A person who is easily angered, is not someone people want to be around. We don't relax around those people. We are always on edge.
If you're tallying my wrongs, it will never end. I always make mistakes. Your list defeats me. I've lost already.
If you enjoy seeing bad things happen to other people. If you think evil thoughts, there is no love in your heart, and it will be very hard for other people to want to be in relationship with you.
Just some things to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment