Search This Blog

Monday, August 17, 2009

Are we liars?

I John 4:20 says, "If people say, 'I love God,' but hate their brothers or sisters, they are liars." God ties together loving Him to loving others. We can't do one without the other. It's a duo, a couplet. It's a complement. It's an outflow. I don't want to be a liar. But, I know at times my wagon is not harnessed to my horse: I run off without my wagon. I don't love, even though I "hitched" my wagon to the Lord. I run off without Him, or as the Bible says, I go astray. I am not loving to my neighbor. In doing that, I am making myself a liar. I am not doing what I say I am, a Christian, one who 'says' they love God.

Father of Love, Giver of Love, keep me from lying. Keep me from harming others, myself, and You. Please let me live with truth and in truth. Let the truth and reality of Your love live in me and flow outward to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment