Search This Blog

Saturday, August 15, 2009

I have been convicted

The other day as we thought of all the failed marriages around us, I became convicted of our responsibility to love. It is a huge responsibility to love other people, and God gave us this mandate: "This commandment I give you: LOVE ONE ANOTHER. As I have loved you, you must love one another." [ John 13:34] This was Jesus talking. The responsibility is even heavier, because He called us to love the way He had loved. We take our love responsibility too lightly. We don't understand how it feeds our soul, or how it affects others. By being responsible in our love relationships, we can extend hope and love to others.

I am starting this blog as a reminder to me of this huge responsibility and as an encouragement to you: LOVE responsibly.