Search This Blog

Friday, August 21, 2009

How do you love when you're tired?

As I yawn and consider this, I hear: "Not by might, nor by power, but by Spirit." [Zech 4:6]

Isaiah 40 instructs us: "He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak...(verse 29) But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint "(verse 31).

Jesus taught us: "The spirit is willing, but the body is weak." [Matt 26:41 and Mk 14:38]

Do you recall the old children's song: "We are weak, but He is strong"? Did you know that was Scripture? [I Corinthians 4:10]

The letter to the Corinthians goes on to say, "That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weakness...for when I am weak, then I am strong." (II Corinthians 12:10)

It goes back to abiding and letting Him live through us - as we align ourselves with Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment